The County has renovated and maintained the Courthouse which is the anchor attraction. The courthouse is the oldest functioning courthouse in Tennessee, circa 1896. The courthouse is surrounded by well maintained storefronts from that era and later.
The Paris Commercial Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988. This includes sections of East and West Wood, West Washington, North and South Poplar, North and South Market, Fentress and West Blythe Streets in downtown Paris, Tennessee.